Fairmont’s golf course will open for the season effective April 1, 2020 (weather permitting) to MEMBERS ONLY initially. At this time, the golf course will not be open to public play. In order to comply with current state of Montana orders, there will be tight controls in place to minimize potential COVID-19 transmission. Click here to download a copy of our membership application.
Under the Montana Governor’s order, Fairmont staff may not have any personal contact with golfers. As a result, the following procedures are in place.
- All memberships must be paid via U.S. Mail or over the phone at least one day prior to your first tee time.
- If you need to meet with Fairmont golf staff, you are required to make an appointment. No drop ins allowed.
- Only credit cards and checks will be accepted for memberships.
- No food or beverages will be available for purchase at the golf shop.
We are grateful to be opening and would like to keep it that way! In order to remain open, we will need your participation and help. Below is a list of the precautions we are taking in order to keep the Fairmont golf course safe, efficient, enjoyable, and OPEN!
*****FIRST and FOREMOST, If you are sick and or have been sick we ask that you STAY AWAY. Under CDC guidelines, you must be free of all respiratory symptoms and fever for a least 48 hours, or be cleared by a medical professional before coming to play golf. We do not want to become a problem, so please be responsible and make sure that you do not put anyone else in danger. *******
COVID-19 Golf Policies:
Before You Play:
- Absolutely NO WALKUP PLAY, YOU MUST HAVE A TEE TIME TO PLAY.
- Tee Times must be made by clicking here: or, online at: https://book.golfswitch.com/Member/courseList.asp?custid=FHM
- Tee Times-15 Minute Intervals
- Players are to arrive NO MORE than 10 minutes early for their Tee Times.
- Driving Range will be closed.
- Carts will be limited to one person per golf cart- some household members may ride in the same golf cart.
- Rental clubs will not be available, sharing clubs is prohibited.
- Golf shop will be closed. Restrooms are available in the main resort complex.
- Hours of operation will be from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM, 7 days a week for the month of April. The last available tee time for a golf cart will be 5:00PM.
Food and Beverage:
- Food and beverage will not be available for purchase at the golf shop.
- NO COOLERS ALLOWED-Staff will not be able to provide coolers, personal coolers not allowed.
On the golf course:
- Play at your own risk.
- Players must keep a minimum of 6 feet of separation at all time while on the golf course.
- There will be NO- Water Stations or Ball Washers.
- Strongly encourage people to bring their own personal bottle of hand sanitizer
- Foam pool noodles will be in the cup to prevent the ball from falling into the cup. Any ball that hits the foam is presumed holed out.
- ABSOLUTELY NO TOUCHING OF THE FLAGSTICK, we encourage players to use their glove hand when grabbing their ball from the cup.
- Rakes will not be provided for bunker raking at this time. Please do your best to smooth disturbed sand with either your shoe or golf club.
- Do not pick up your playing partners clubs during the course of play.
- We ask you to please forgo the traditional after round handshake, and invite you to create your own socially distanced salutation. We’re fans of the putter salute!
After your round:
- We ask that you not congregate anywhere on property-This COULD LEAD TO AN IMMEDIATE SHUTDOWN OF THE FACILITY by state or county regulators. If caught doing so, you will be asked to leave and will not be allowed back on property.
- A Staff Member will sanitize the golf cart upon completion of each carts use. Golfers are also encouraged to sanitize their golf cart.
If you aren’t a member and would like to become one, click here to download our membership application.
Please stay safe, and we hope to see you soon!