Head Golf Professional
The Head Golf Professional (HP) will oversee the member/guest and retail facets of the golf department. Specifically, this position will manage all aspects of the golf shop operation relating to delivering a consistent golf experience for resort guests, seasonal members and daily fee guests. This includes selection, training, development and management of seasonal team members. It also includes maximizing the tee sheet, designing and executing golf programs that activate and retain members, and/or acquisition of new members. Further, the HP will assist with operating a profitable and effective merchandising program, oversee golf staff, instruction, tournament organization and daily play; this will include management and golf retail operations, driving new recreational and corporate golf outing revenue. Further, the HP will need to work closely and be aligned with the golf course Superintendent and the Resort General Manager.
Key areas of responsibility include:
The Head Golf Professional will:
- Engage Fairmont Hot Springs Resort membership, resort guests and daily fee players to enhance the golfer experience.
- Manage, maintain and enhance our merchandising program in the golf shop. Merchandise and presentation should seek to be appropriate to the facility demographic. Lead in the development of a creative, inspiring presentation designed to increase member and guest purchases and margins.
- Ensure a consistent and excellent player experience by being responsive, following up in a timely manner, and following through on commitments.
- Facilitate day of tournament execution for outings and tournaments to ensure a great experience and the desire for those groups to return.
- Ensure the golf cart fleet is well maintained, and cleaned on a daily basis per FHSR procedures.
- Oversee and review POS transactions for golf, merchandise, and F&B transactions for accuracy, proper accounting and reporting.
- Based on the level of business for a given day or time of season, be able work both the golf and food/beverage retail counters as needed.
- Communicate with golf maintenance and golf staff personnel to provide a consistent clean and attractive appearance for the practice range tee to encourage players to increase their utilization of the area.
- Review of the tee sheet for accuracy to ensure correct player types utilizing the course, while working to maximize play.
- Responsible for the accurate monthly physical counts of both merchandise and F&B inventory, making adjustments to those counts when appropriate.
- Oversee posting and other administration duties of the golf handicap system.
- Support, enforce and implement policies of the golf division and FHSR, and communicate that to staff and others in a
positive constructive manner.
Business and Financial:
- Lead the Golf Shop Operation in working towards the financial goals of the departments.
- Recommend additional system controls to safeguard assets, revenues, inventory and other resources.
- Recommend ways to improve overall revenue generation and performance.
Personnel Management & Leadership:
- Lead in the scheduling of staff and ensure that schedules are posted, updated if necessary, and all shifts are covered appropriately.
- Lead in the recruitment, training, motivating and supervising of golf department staff working to ensure a positive environment.
- Maintain open lines of communication between the golf shop, golf maintenance staff, food and beverage staff; working in alignment to ensure the highest level of member experience.
- Lead in the administration of a proper and safe work environment to include compliance with OSHA and similar state guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Value all staff members and their individual growth and development.
- Lead by example, be a role model for the department staff and all resort staff, demonstrate this by your work ethic, behavior and positive attitude.
- Positive and proactive supervisory, leadership, management and coaching skills.
- Ability to support other Senior Management of FHSR, and to always communicate this from a facility wide perspective to all staff in a positive constructive manner.
- The ability to work weekends, and holidays, mornings and evenings as business demands.
- Experience with ordering/purchasing, inventory control, POS systems and knowledge of budget management.
- Experience with computer use with proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Self-motivated with a service and customer focused attitude.
- Possess the ability to work within established guidelines and standards ensuring hotel brand consistency for the short and long-term success of FHSR.
Including, but not limited to, the following:
- Class A PGA member in good standing.
- Preferred candidate will be an experienced assistant, with a background in resort, private, semi-private or upscale daily fee facilities.
- Preferred education level: Four year Bachelor’s Degree.
Application deadline: November 30, 2018. Please submit cover letter, resume and references directly to the email below:
For more information please contact Jill Luebeck, (406) 797-3241 or email at email@example.com